Interested in a Hybrid Learning approach to support teaching and learning at your school this fall? You’ve come to the right place!
According to Hybrid Learning @ Penn State:
A hybrid approach to course delivery combines face-to-face classroom instruction with online activities. This approach reduces the amount of seat time in a traditional face-to-face course and moves more of the course delivery online.
How can a Hybrid Learning System (HLS) Support School Continuity Post-Initial COVID 19 Lock Down?
- Students can attend face-to-face, in-classroom, sessions less frequently and with fewer students involved
- Some students can participate remotely with video conferencing
- All students can engage with real-time tools which provide the educator with feedback while delivering synchronous sessions
- Educators can schedule regular 1:1 check-ins with students via video conferencing (once or twice a week for 15-20 mins each)
- Using verbal feedback, both educators and students may asynchronously deliver authentic feedback and reflections in a simple and highly effective manner
- Parents become more important to support good hybrid learning habits at home – therefore parents need access to understand the learning path and, if the teacher wishes, should engage with the parent in a regular video conference session with the educator
- The HLS should be internet-enabled and allow educators, students and parents to access the HLS from any device and enable school-work from a wide variety of applications to be integrated with the workflow
Showbie for communication and feedback and Socrative for Assessment form a complete all-in-one Hybrid Learning System (HLS)!
- Group messaging
- Class discussion
- Annotated and Verbal Feedback
- Document scanning
- Video conferencing (Entire class, 1:1 with students or with staff colleagues)
- Real-time auto-graded quizzing and testing
- Parent access
- School administrator analytics and auditing
- Available on any device; integrated with G-Suite and Microsoft 365.
Want to learn about how Showbie can help support your Hybrid Learning roll out?