Back to school. Whether these words make you mourn the end of summer or get you excited about being back in the classroom, a new year is upon Australian teachers. We wanted to share a few tips to make the transition to school days easier for you.
Here are some fantastic resources to get you feeling prepared for the year ahead:
- Back to School Made Easy Blog
- Learn about assignment scheduling, quick marking and managing assignments to take your teaching further this year.
- Australian Remote Learning Plan
- Learn how to build a remote strategy in a way that enables your staff, students, and broader school community to better manage teaching and learning continuity.
- Learn how your Google ecosystem works with Showbie
- In this video, you’ll see how Showbie goes beyond Google Classroom to provide rich personalized assessment and feedback to your students.
- Learn how your Microsoft ecosystem works with Showbie
- In this video, you’ll get a feel for how Showbie works with Teams to provide rich personalized assessment and feedback to your students.
- Connecting Showbie and Socrative for personalised assessments
- This downloadable resource will guide you through adding rooms, quizzes and feedback within the Showbie and Socrative integration.
- Check out our support articles that will guide you through solving any issues you might have.
Throughout February and March, our Australian experts are hosting a wealth of live webinars to empower you in the classroom.
- Easy Workflows with Showbie
- Assessing Learning with Socrative
- Assessing Mathematical Understanding with Socrative
- Language, Literature and Literacy in the Showbie Classroom
- Designing Powerful Assessments with Socrative
- Evidence-informed Assignment Design in Showbie
The webinar schedule and registration links can be found right here.
Professional development webinars to prepare you for Back to School, at your own pace. Check out our on-demand webinar recordings below:
‘Getting Started’ with Showbie
Join our Learning Specialist, Kate Biel, in this ‘Getting Started’ webinar to learn about Showbie’s basic features and account setup, to be prepared for the year ahead.
Host: Kate Biel
Duration: 50 minutes
- Signing up for the free version
- What Showbie looks like
- Class Setup
- Create a New Class & Class Codes
- Adding Students to Your Showbie Classroom
- QR Codes, & more!
Back to School Made Easy – Class Setup and New Features
Join our Resident Teacher, Chris Lawson, in this ‘Back to School Made Easy – Class Setup and New Features’ webinar to be prepared for the year ahead and be able to utilize Showbie to its fullest.
Host: Chris Lawson
Duration: 56 minutes
- QR Code Login and Batch Download
- Copying Classes
- Assignment Copying & Scheduling
- Quick Marking & Feedback
- Voice Notes & Annotations
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Integrations with Explain Everything
- Integrations with Socrative, & more!
Developing a Digital Strategy with Lou Cimetta, Showbie’s Head of Learning Development – APAC
Need a little help getting inspired this year? How will you put technology to work for you? Lou Cimetta has been working working with leaders and teachers in the classroom for 17 years. In this video, she shares how teachers can make a massively positive experience for their students with good practices in digital strategy.
Host: Abdul Chohan, VP of Learning, Showbie
Duration: 30 minutes
If you have a tip for fellow teachers who are setting up Showbie for the new school year, share it on Twitter!
Are you looking to host professional learning at your school? Contact our local Australian team to make sure you’re prepared for the year ahead.